Friday, January 31, 2014

Winning an “Oscar”


Meet Josh, my one and only nephew to date, the bouncing little baby boy who turned our lives upside down when he arrived. My elder sister (his mom) and I just barely started college when he popped out from nowhere and you can pretty much assume what happened next.  Nothing can be any cuter than him when he was small. While cleaning his room the other day, I found an old picture of him wearing his signature “bunot” hair and chubby cheeks, playing with his toys minus the underwear. I had a good laugh. Well, the picture’s gone after I threatened him about posting it online if he bugs me. He’s growing up fast to be a young man, a tiptoe away from my height, it amazes me how talented and smart he’d become. Awww, he’s no baby anymore. Huhu.

When I see kids nowadays, I can’t help but get envious of their generation. They can do more to realize their dreams and has the freedom to express themselves and get to be who they wanted to be. I remembered wanting so bad to enroll for summer art workshop or guitar and voice lessons when I was young but my Mom couldn't afford it. (okay enough, I’m gonna cry) And now, they can get inspired and learn in one click. Most of all, they have a tool to show the world who they are and the power to preserve each and every single memory.  I wish there’s already Facebook back in my day, so that my Throwback Thursdays wouldn't be that lame and frustrating.
  
Speaking of hang ups, I only get to go home (Bacolod City) in the province once... or twice a year if I’m lucky. This time around, I see to it that I get to drag Josh for a fun shoot because aside from the fact that he’s graduating grade school in a couple of months, he’s about to turn into an official teenager at the same time. I wanted to take photos of him inside his school grounds as a remembrance; one that he can reminisce with when he gets old. In short, real deal future flashback materials, something that I've always wanted to have myself, don’t you? So this is me behind the lens this time shooting a professional model.  He changes his pose in every click like a boss and I was the one having a hard time keeping up.  Gosh, kids these days!















You see? Having a nephew like J Oscar L Burgos is like winning an “Oscar” after all.

The P.A.N.K.(Professional Aunt, No Kid),

Ghost Editor: Beging B.
Photos by: Erl B.

No comments:

Post a Comment