Saturday, January 11, 2014

Channeling my inner Carrie.


I don’t know about you but like most girls, I've always dreamed to be like Carrie Bradshaw, an independent woman, a carefree spirit, and a witty romantic writer with a killer fashion sense. Yes, that sounds like me. Char! Probably the only connection between me and SJP are our unsightly lumpy veins. Anyway, guess what? I’m blogging! Yes, I am now typing away the start of a new beginning… umm, right, more like a prelude to the next big nothing. Lol.


So... There have been a decent number of random people who once told me that I should fashion blog. Whenever I get confronted with these awkward remarks, I would just normally shrug and timidly reply with a “yeah” and a sigh. Well, I would love to… but let’s face it, I don’t have the resources. Besides, I’m turning 30 this year (don’t you think it’s too late for this?) and other fashion bloggers have been blogging since forever! (I’m afraid I don’t have a space in the blogging world anymore). Okay, okay, I heard you say, “of course, not!” but I don’t even own a decent laptop and don’t know a thing or two about layouts and hyperlinks. And those girls, those pretty bloggers (that I look up to and love) are having their hair and nails done at salons on a regular basis while I, however, would have to be content with home-made makeovers and sadly had to help myself alone with that ombré. Gosh, I've never even had a facial in my life! Pricey clothes are not a problem since I’m a certified bargain hunter but then, there’s the inevitable: I am scared that my insecurities and shortcomings will be magnified by haters. The internet is a cruel world, it’s like committing suicide. The limitations are endless but we have a saying here in the Philippines, “Pag ayaw, maraming dahilan. Pag gusto, maraming paraan.” I should blog because it makes me happy and fulfilled. It doesn't matter if others think that I'm not fit for this. As long as I inspire a person, even just one person, it’s already worth it. Why not take a risk, its 2014.


That’s all for now, I still have a lot of researching to do.


Photo grabbed from Google.

just me,


Ghost Editor: Tin H.

1 comment:

  1. Just be yourself.! Like what I always say to myself.. 'I am who I am while others are not.!'

    ReplyDelete