Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Perfect Imperfections


On repeat: “All your curves and all your edges, All your perfect imperfections”. Aww, too sweet! I am getting carried away daydreaming with John Legend’s “All of me”, a song he penned for his wife. Who wouldn't want to be loved for who you are despite of the flaws? Sigh.

On that note, I am terribly gaining a lot of weight lately and no, not loving a single bit of it. Whenever I prep myself for work, I spend depressing amount of time looking for anything that I can still possibly wear without popping any buttons. I marvel at how the pearls I sewed onto these denim shorts some years ago are still intact. What’s not so surprising is how many times I had to jump to get to fit into it. Well, well, that’s life. It’s already May, five months have passed and nothing happened to the New Year’s resolution as usual. I already passed on several summer excursion invites because of my beach-unworthy body. Soo depressing but I just can’t stop eating Ministop Toppers during lunch breaks at the office. (Cristina this is your entire fault!) Not to mention their to-die-for fried chicken. When you see the freshly cooked thigh parts on display, I mean who can resist that?

If you’re having the same dilemma, here’s my quick fix. Notice that I was also wearing a “cold shoulder” top on my previous blog? That is because it’s breezy, comfortable and very fashionable. For some reason I like showing a lot of skin (not sure why) and since I don’t have the right to do that, I resulted to turn to discreet outfits like these. It doesn't hug the body and expose the flabs but there are still peek-a-boos here and there that keeps the outfit interesting. Besides, I do love the shape of my shoulders so let’s focus on that for the mean time. Say, be happy with what you have while working for what you want.
















far from purrfect,

Miss Erl ♥

Photos by: JR Burgos
Edited and Approved by: @mhuilar

No comments:

Post a Comment